Monday, January 23, 2006

From Daddy...


I got in my car, and filled it with gas,
got to I35, and just hauled ass,
Not even knowing, what I was going to find,
Or even if I'd get a chance, to clear my mind.
Alone I ate breakfast, also lunch and dinner,
but no appetite, so I was getting a little thinner.
So I thought a little company, would help me eat,
So I went out with some friends, for a change of beat.
They were okay friends, barely remember a name,
But something was missing, it didn't feel the same.
So I bid them good day, and left for my room,
There was not one single noise, just doom and gloom.
So I went to the gym, saw people from every single race,
but no matter where I looked, not one familiar face.
So I went to my room, to prepare for the next day,
but that weird feeling, just would not go away.
Days and Nights passed, as an eye does blink,
and I sitting alone, continued to think,
Then I realized, what exactly was going wrong,
and it was something I knew, pretty much all along.
I didn't have to go anywhere, there was nothing to find,
cause the best things in my life, I had left behind.
So I got in my car, and rushed back to my house,
rushed in and embraced, my kids and my spouse.
Not one questioned asked, about where did I roam,
the only thing that was said, "we're glad you are home".
Forever? .. I don't know, but I am willing to try,
never giving up on my family, till the day I may die...
From Daddy..

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 11 February, 2006, Blogger BrytEyz said...

You have so much that everyone can learn from! I am glad your nephew is learning from the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter