Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Press


Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... I just want to scream...
I wish my life sometimes was just a dream...
No more wishing my parents were together...
seeing them piss away something that was forever...
No more sitting at home, looking at the NBA...
knowing I had a shot, and let it all slip away...
No more trips to the hospital, watching my wife cry...
no more hearing her say, she wishes she could die...
No more watching my daughter, awakened covered in chills...
asking " Daddy Why, must I take all of these pills? "...
No more wishing my Grand Parents, were still here...
no more asking God, why I lost one, every single year...
No more sleepless nights, worried about the bills...
no more wishing, I had swallowed that bottle of pills...
No more killing myself, just to stay ahead...
after all, what's the use, we all end up dead...
No more dodging God and the calling on my life...
the pain is real, it cuts me deep, like a dull twisting knife...
I know God said it wouldn't be easy, but can I get a break...
all I want is just one week, free of heart ache...
But guess what, this my life, it's not going to change...
I can still see my dreams, they aren't completely out of range...
I could become overwhelmed, and bogged down in stress...
but when things come at me, all I do is Press...

Sometimes you have to Press Through...
Just to get to...
What God has in store for YOU !!

FUBA

8 Comments:

At Friday, 16 September, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Ant, Your words are amazing! Great stuff!

 
At Monday, 26 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's deep. Kind of speechless, sorry. I hope your daughter is ok. Keep writing- great release.

 
At Tuesday, 27 September, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was trying to find a guest book I could write a comment to you, but I could not see one, so I thought I would write it all here.

I was just surfing around on the net and came across one of ur Blogs, and read it, which then took me to this blog, which I have now read.

You are a beautiful man with a beautiful soul, you are very lucky to share something so beautiful with your wife, it is nice to come across someone with so much passion for not only God but his family too, and express it so openly and honestly, I really appricated everything I read, was insperational and very beautiful some brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you :)

 
At Monday, 03 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm....yep...I feel that way a lot. Thanks for sharing..........

 
At Thursday, 13 October, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ant your words are amazing, I have been through a lot and I have fund one of the most sweetest men and he requires me to press in and you must have god in your life to make it. I was once told the day i met the perfect stranger the sun was shining on you , and the lord was smiling on me.

 
At Thursday, 20 October, 2005, Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

You are a wonderful poet. Strong emotional deep verses here. Fully of honest pain and hope for a better future.

By the way, I came to you via Krista.

Peace.

 
At Sunday, 18 December, 2005, Blogger BrytEyz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sunday, 18 December, 2005, Blogger BrytEyz said...

You know, God gives us strength beyond what is normal if we are walking with him in this life he has blessed us with. And don't we need it?!? With Satan's influence all around us, we need all the help we can get from the One who is omnicient and omnipotent. Hugs hun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter