Monday, January 23, 2006

Saturday



Saturday...
Sitting at the bar this morning, rubbing the hair on my head..
Rubbing my eyes, finishing my cereal, wishing I were back in bed..
Then out of know where a familiar smile, appears upon my face...
For I can not get back in my bed, my oldest daughter has taken my place..
I go to the window and open the blinds, notice my youngest is still asleep..
So I turn off the TV that has been on all night, trying not to make a peep..
There's laundry to do, rooms to clean, and dishes in the sink..
"Where do I want to start first", is all that I can think..
I turn on the Tele, to my favorite channel, of course ESPN..
I stretch myself, regain my foucs, and let the cleaning begin..
The dishwasher is loaded, the laundry is going, " kids get out of bed " ...
"Yes it's Saturday, I know your sleepy, but you still need to be fed"...
So I go from maid to short order cook, cause in the kitchen I am pretty great...
Scrambled Cheese eggs, blue berry pancakes, and sausage grace their plate...
I smile as I watch them eat, their happiness makes me glad...
They clear their plates, drink their juice, give me a hug, " Thanks Dad "...
They disappear into their room, to play Game Cube and watch a DVD...
No they can't them both at once, had to buy another TV...
As I glanced around my place, an inspiration was planted...
So many things, in my everyday life, I often take for granted...
Simple things, that mean hardly anything, I walk by everyday...
But yet my life would be drastically changed, if they were all taken away...
I will not ramble on to my point, and keep all of you people guessing..
Humble yourself, look around, and count each and every blessing..
Then think to yourself, where you would be, if all were taken away...
then remember the ones that dont have what you have, the next time you kneel to pray..
So now I am back to my daily chores, to clean up kitchen and make up the bed...
I will not gripe and complain, for I could be homeless instead..

Thank you Lord...

FUBA

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 11 February, 2006, Blogger BrytEyz said...

There's so much to be thankful for.. yes? And you are one that never takes what you have for granted. How wonderful for you. How wonderful for your loved ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter