Saturday, May 27, 2006

To my Brother...

together we often lied-
together we both cried-
we had a few meetings-
shared many of dad's beatings-
you always looked out for me in school-
even though "sweet d" was just too cool-
but when dad left you blamed our mother-
i hated you for that and we lost each other-
you had so much animosity in your heart-
it tore you, me, and our mother apart-
part of me was crushed and hard to mend-
cause i had lost my first best friend-
but GOD stepped in brought you back my way-
by blessing us with a kid named trae-
your very first son and your name sake-
but also here to repair the family's break-
so we became friends again in my college years-
played basketball and shared many beers-
we got a nice place and lived together-
stuck with each other in bad weather-
but you meet this lady and you were outta there-
and left me stranded in the middle of no where-
i was again filled with hate and felt betrayed-
and yes once again our relationship decayed-
but things from out past-
we shouldn't let it last-
so in order to live and let live-
in my heart i must forgive-
cause if I cant forgive you on one accord-
how can i expect forgiveness from the Lord-
now by God we have another common bond-
with my first daughter and your second son-
some how by an act of fate-
were both born on the exact same date-
God's working overtime to keep us close-
He's given us more chances than most-
you are my big brother and my friend-
please don't screw this up again =-)
so though we have a few miles between each other-
I love you "Junior", still, your Little Brother.

Anthony
Put on my heart 050206 @ 5:30am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter