Saturday, May 27, 2006

Easter

This is the second piece I wrote that same early morning:

When my Lord and Saviour, arose from the dead,
and rolled that heavy stone, away from His death bed.
He gathered all of His disciples, before it got too late,
and advised them all, on how He wanted to celebrate.
"Advise all the women, that live in every town,
to adorn the heads with hats, and wear their finest gown.
Advise all the men, that dwell on this globe,
to gather up fine linens, to make a nicer robe.
Now to keep my resurrection festive, so not to fall out of habit,
let's give it a cute mascot, yes of course, the Easter Rabbit.
And let's not forget the children, from the eldest to the runt,
Let's hide colored boiled eggs, and call it an "Easter Egg Hunt".
Do not mention I was beaten, until my blood run red,
or how I had to carry my cross, with a crown of thorns upon my head.
And to keep things pleasant, and not make the day gorey,
leave the nails in my hands and feet, completely out of the story.
And for goodness sake my disciples, so people won't run and hide,
don't bring up the spear, and made blood and water run from my side.
And to keep people content, so this Holiday won't be a loss,
let's keep it kinda low key, for their sins, I died upon that cross...."

Let me stop, this is scary and has gotten completely ridiculous. Does everything have to be made into a festive Holiday for us to remember and celebrate, or to just simply give thanks.
Look how far away we have gone from the truth... Do not commercialize Jesus.. lets try and keep Him real.

Anthony 041706 @ 3:45am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter