Monday, February 22, 2010

Keep it Real

Yes, I said it, I am proud to be black...
I wouldn't change my color, as a matter of fact...
Why am I, "not like a normal black"...
just cause I talk proper and know how to act...
Why do my own people say I talk white ...
I'm just educated, so I say I talk " Right "...
Yes, I went to college, good grades were made...
so why in the hell am I still under paid...
Why can't I go out and jog around my blocks...
why is it when white people see me, they lock the locks...
Why do the cops always have to run my plate...
cause they see me out riding in a nice car kinda late...
Why I gotta be slanging, just cause I get paid...
why the bitch at the pharmacy ask if I was on Medicad...
Even the act of shopping, has become a big deal...
Dude, I don't need your help, and I am not going to steal...
Listen, you freaks, there is nothing betweens us...
Stop charging me up, cause of the size of my penis..
I am constantly dissed cause of the color on my skin...
But open up a tanning bed, same fools jump in...
I saw the Color Barrier, I worked hard to break it...
Then my own race tells me, you'll never make it...
Then when I make it, they are quick to shout...
" Look at Tony, nothing but a sell out" ...
Black People Please Tell Me, What is the Deal...
If I was in the hood making babies, Would I have Kept It Real ???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter