Monday, July 18, 2005

Today's Woman

I was thinking on how things were back in the day.. And I asked a few of today's modern women why instead of cooking they order out all the time and instead of cleaning they have a maid that comes in twice a week. They replied to me, " we are not like the women of old, we have careers so we don't have time to do all that stuff, plus it is so much easier to get someone else to do it for you ". With those thought's in mind, I reflected back to my life with my mother. I remember breakfast and dinner home cooked everyday, on the weekends lunch even. I remember the house being spotless, clean clothes all the time, and all my socks had mates. Now for the weird part, my mother was not a house wife... She had a career, yet she found time to raise 2 boys ( by herself after the divorce ), go back to college to get her Doctorate, return again to get her Master's, become recognized as one of the leading Black Women in the State of Texas, put us both through college, and yet effectively maintain and run the house. All this made me wonder, was my Mother just a freak of nature or has today's woman opted for convenience and simplicity. Last time I checked, there were and are 24 hours in a day, so there is time, I guess my Mother just managed her's more effectively....

What do you think.. ???

1 Comments:

At Monday, 18 July, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your mom was just superwoman, I don't think women today are lazy at all. I think that we are less focused sometimes and we do like to have our fun too. I am a new single mom and hope that some day my son will be proud of the job I have done to raise him alone, but I will not always have my house spotless, or all of his laundry clean 24/7, but I will always be there for him and love him and hopefully raise him the best way I know how.
Ok, I'm gonna stop rambling, but that's just my two cents worth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter